Happy dance! It’s been a great September for me with my blog, and I’m really excited to share September’s earnings with you.
If you haven’t already checked out my previous month’s earnings for August 2017, I highly recommend doing that first – I included a bunch of helpful tips to help you get started with monetizing and growing within the blogging community that you don’t want to miss.
So let’s get down to business, bloggers….
September 2017 Earnings
Here are my earnings, listed by category. I did earn some free products in exchange for my honest reviews for September but typically do not count that in my income reports for my blog. Those do need to be counted in when it comes to taxes, I’ve read.
Total Earnings For September 2017:
OMG. Seeing that is a little crazy considering I feel like I just wrote my first income report for August with a total of $275.02. That means I was shy $30 of doubling my income for last month! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
Breakdown of Earnings:
Ads: $511.22 — This is a combination of affiliate ads, Amazon ads, Google AdSense (see that lovely banner in my footer?). I’ve included some examples down below of my posts that contain these successful ads.
Tailwind: $17.98 — For every member I’ve recommended to Tailwind that signs up for a plus membership, I earn 15% commission. Tailwind is an amazing program/application that you can use either on your desktop or mobile to manage your social media accounts. They are official partners of Pinterest and Instagram and offer Smart Scheduling, Analytics & Monitoring, Content Discovery, Promotion, and more. I use Tailwind every day – mostly for Pinterest because I am much more active with posts/sharing there than I am with Instagram at the moment.
I highly recommend using Tailwind for Pinterest if you are going to be doing any Facebook group threads where you are sharing other bloggers’ content as well as your own. With Tailwind, I have gotten my monthly reach to over 400k! This is only my fourth month of blogging. Here’s a screenshot:
Along with scheduling my own pins, and helping to support my blogging community by sharing their pins as well, Tailwind offers a variety of pins for you to ‘discover’, and add to your calendar to share! For Pinterest, you should be sharing content that is 20% yours, and 80% other people’s. Tailwind makes this very easy to do and has increased my following and reach 12x over! AH-MAZING. I also love that I can ‘inspect’ my pins with their Pin Inspector:
With the Pin Inspector from Tailwind, I can schedule repins of my most popular Pins, add the pin to Tailwind tribes (which is actually free to everyone, not just Plus members 😉 ), and find similar content to add to my scheduling calendar. Bottom line – can’t live without it now. Tailwind has really helped increase traffic to my blog, and I consider it in my top 3 blogging must-haves.
Popular Posts – September
- 15 Things That Happen To You After Childbirth – 657 views
- 14 Inspirations For Spectacular Fall Decor – 514 views
- “The Big One” Fishing Themed Birthday Party Ideas + Free Printable – 484 views
- The Book That Saved My Marriage – 481 views
- Great Fall Finds For Under $30 – 467 views
- How I Earned $275.02 Blogging Last Month – 446 views
- Baby Registry Must-Haves  – 415 views
- The BEST Newborn-Toddler Diaper Bag…#NOTSPONSORED – 315 views
- 5 Ways To Deal With A Critical Person – 269 views
Total Views + Traffic
Total Views: 4, 405
Top Referrers: Pinterest, Facebook, Stumbleupon, E-mail Newsletter
Subscriptions: August 69 –> September 71 (+2)
Pinterest: August 189 –> September 202 (+13)
Instagram: August 2998 –> September 3562 (+564)
Facebook: August 2612 –> September 2729 (+117)
What I’d Like To Work On:
I changed some of my settings for sharing on my blog posts, and accidentally re-set my sharing numbers! UGH. One post has over 100 shares! But I can’t get that count back now that I’ve re-set it, and I look like a new blogger again. So I would like to really work on getting my share number up again for my readers and participate in more sharing threads on Facebook.
Posts that are shared often, and in large numbers, tend to be taken more seriously by newer readers/unique visitors.
What works for me might not work for you. But I will say that getting traffic to your site never hurt anyone! Especially with ad clicks, am I right?! More traffic = more exposure. And that’s why we all blog anyways, right? We have something to say, and we want someone to hear that information, relate to it, and have something to take away from us. Here are some of my helpful tips for you on your monetizing journey:
- Tailwind helped my traffic TREMENDOUSLY, and if Pinterest seems to be a reliable source of traffic for your blog, I would consider investing. **Click HERE to sign up to try their plus program for FREE for your first 100 scheduled pins ;)**
- Join multiple Facebook groups (if you haven’t already)
- Start networking with other bloggers – ask questions, participate in threads
- Place affiliate ads throughout your top 10 most popular posts…even if you aren’t really trying to ‘sell’ something…
- Be sure to create eye-catching Pinterest photos that beg to be clicked on! This means including text overlay, people! I’ve seen this SO many times, and it really hurts your stats.
- Pin content that is 20% yours and 80% other people’s. You want to build engagement on your account so that YOUR pins are seen also.
- Constantly promote your blog! Whether this is on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or through your subscription list e-mail newsletters, never. stop. promoting.
Well, there you have it! I am incredibly proud to say that I almost doubled last months income report. I am so very thankful for the support of my family, friends, blogging sisters, and readers. If you haven’t done so already, subscribe to my blog to get my [NEW POST] notifications, giveaways, and extras!